The consultant will report to FAO WBGS’s Head of Programme while working in close coordination with FAO Field Operations Coordinator in the Gaza Strip.
Under direct and technical supervision of the Regional Fishery and Aquaculture Officer, the consultant will work, in timely and quality manner, . on the tasks related to reinforcement of the capacities and enabling environment in support to marine fish farming.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Facilitate a series of consultative meetings with key stakeholders including DoF/MoA, Land Authority, MoT, MEnA, Fisheries Syndicate and local fishing cooperatives, and other relevant stakeholders identified;
- Review and assess the existing regulatory framework within which regulations can be proposed/enacted to enable public sector management/regulation of the marine aquaculture sector in the Gaza Strip;
- Develop general operating guidelines for the management/regulation of the marine aquaculture sector in the Gaza Strip.
- Conduct a Needs Assessment of essential materials/equipment and training required for all stakeholders engaged in the management/regulation of the marine aquaculture sector;
- Deliver capacity-building training to relevant stakeholders on management/regulation of the sector and use of the materials/equipment, including lessons learned from marine aquaculture sectors in other countries.
- Develop a consultative 5-year plan for the development of off-shore aquaculture business in Gaza Strip.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Master’s degree (for COF) or University degree (for PSA) in Marine Science, Fisheries or related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Marine culture, including demonstrable support to management/regulation of Marine aquaculture sectors;
- Working knowledge of English, French or Spanish and limited knowledge of one of the other two or Arabic, Chinese, Russian (for Consultants)
- For PSAs, working knowledge of only one UN language is required.
Contact InformationFood and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.
We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline
If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
Post Date: 8/30/2019 11:39:27 AM
Closing Date: 9/11/2019 12:00:00 AM