The Zebrafish Aquaculture Facility at New York University School of Medicine has a position available for a Research Associate starting in 2021.
The selected Research Associate will work in a team setting to support scientific research in the labs of Drs. Holger Knaut (https://www.knautlab.org/) and Jesús Torres-Vázquez (https://med.nyu.edu/faculty/jesus-torres-vazquez) at the Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine, New York University.
Responsibilities include oversight of our 1000 square feet 3500-tank zebrafish aquaculture facility, breeding, and rearing zebrafish, maintenance/repair of the water system and assistance with experiments investigating the genetic regulation of zebrafish development, particularly the formation of the vascular system. The position is ideal for those aiming to get laboratory experience prior to pursuing a higher degree.
ELIGIBILITY (apply if you meet all of these criteria):
1. B.S. or M.S. in Biology, Fisheries or related fields.
2. Availability to start this position between April and June 2021.
3. Commitment to the job for at least two years.
4. Highly desired attributes include:
a) Aquaculture experience.
b) Practical knowledge of plumbing and electrical repairs.
c) Research experience (laboratory or field).
d) Excellent time management ability.
e) Capacity to work alone and with others.
f) Strong verbal and written communication skills.
The job involves frequent communication with members of both zebrafish laboratories and the NYU Facilities/Maintenance staff.
NYU School of Medicine offers an excellent salary (starting at $42,000) and benefits package.
1. Please send an e-mail to email@example.com using the subject line: "2021 Zebrafish Research Associate: your name".
2. Attach your CV (entitled "2020 Zebrafish Research Associate: your name") as a single WORD or PDF file. Please start your document with the following information at the top. Without this information the review of your application will be delayed:
1. Name, current living address (city, state, and country) and telephone number.
2. Expected date of availability.
3. Degree(s), date(s) awarded and GPA(s).
4. Name, title, e-mail and phone number of three references (please state in what capacity these references know you and for how long).
5. Summary of experience: A paragraph (10 lines maximum) describing your interests and experience relevant to this position.
Contact InformationNYU School of Medicine
Post Date: 1/17/2021 2:34:59 PM
Closing Date: 5/1/2021 12:00:00 AM