About the role:
UVAXX (part of Barramundi Asia Group) is a Singapore based aqua-tech company providing fish health services and autogenous vaccines to the aquaculture industry. Our business is expanding across the Asia Pacific region and we are looking for a self-starter that is a forward-thinking and entrepreneurial professional to help kickstart our veterinary vaccine and diagnostic unit in Brunei Darussalam. The successful candidate will play a leading role to spearhead the development of the company's business in Brunei, set up a diagnostic lab, and provide services to the local and regional market.
The position will report to the UVAXX HQ in Singapore and work very closely with Barramundi Group’s farm operation in Brunei Darussalam.Job Responsibilities:
- Lead the set up of a diagnostic lab and coordinate all administrative and logistics activities.
- Implement health monitoring programme and services for Asian Sea Bass and other aquatic species
- Work with the UVAXX HQ team based in Singapore to develop standard operating procedures to operationalise the diagnostic lab
- Perform routine Microbiological and Microscopic evaluation of samples to identify the pathogens including molecular diagnostics (e.g., qPCR) and serological analysis.
- Maintain daily quality control, calibration, and routine maintenance of lab testing and lab instrument
- Take charge of the Brunei operational budget and develop short-term and long-term goals to drive KPI
- Develop sales pipeline and perform account management with the local Bruneian aquaculture industry and local government agencies
- Masters or degree in a scientific discipline related to veterinary science, microbiology, molecular biology or ichthyology.
- Candidates must have experience managing a laboratory.
- Candidates must have at least 2 years working experience academic or industry setting with aquatic animals, disease diagnostics and pathology
- Candidates with veterinarian experience in aquaculture or any other livestock will have an advantage
- Strong team player with positive work attitude, analytical minded, result-oriented, good communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in ASEAN markets will be preferred
- Good organisation and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks
- Has good stakeholder relationship management skills to work with farmers, suppliers, partners, government organisations and internal stakeholders
- Regular travelling and field work is required, therefore a valid driver’s license in Brunei Darussalam is necessary.
Contact InformationBarramundi Asia Pte. Ltd.
Ying Quan Tan
As part of your application, please submit a cover letter and share with us why you are the right person for the position and how you intend to make a difference. Please also include a detailed CV including your experience and expected salary.
If you have any questions, please drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Post Date: 2/17/2021 8:10:43 AM
Closing Date: 6/30/2021 12:00:00 AM