• consult with clients and industry organizations and agencies to identify concerns, issues, trends and new developments in the aquaculture and aquaponics industries
• work collaboratively with clients, industry stakeholders and other levels of government to implement various programs and projects
• lead the development and delivery of educational materials, training tools and other programs to assist clients improve their competitive position
• use performance measures to ensure that industry needs are addressed efficiently and effectively
• serve as a liaison between the research community and industry to help establish research priorities/activities
• work collaboratively with the research community and industry to determine the applicability of new technologies, tools, products and practices for Ontario's conditions
• provide expertise to senior management related to the aquaculture and aquaponics sectors across Ontario
• represent provincial or ministry interests on working groups to develop provincial, national or international initiatives related to the aquaculture and aquaponics sectors
Mandatory requirement:• You are able to travel to rural areas not accessible by public transportation.
Technical expertise:• You have expert knowledge of aquaculture and aquaponics production theories, principles and best practices.
• You have expert knowledge and understanding of scientific theories, industry practices and principles of production, economics, business management, and marketing within the aquaculture and aquaponics sectors to develop expert leading edge information and educational materials to assist clients improve their competitive position.
• You have knowledge of Ontario's agri-food industry (e.g. economics, social importance, marketing practices, environmental issues, role of commodity organizations).
• You have an understanding of related disciplines in the agricultural industry enabling you to review new and existing methods, techniques, programs and policies in order to investigate and identify their suitability for Ontario conditions.
Communication and interpersonal skills:• You have oral and written communication skills to develop and deliver information using a variety of methods (e.g. reports, workshops, speaking engagements, media releases, internet).
• You have interpersonal skills to develop and maintain effective partnerships with multiple levels of government as well as industry stakeholders and clients.
• You are able to assert influence to motivate producers, agri-businesses and agricultural organizations to develop and support policies and programs that encourage the adoption and maintenance of sustainable agriculture and environmental practices.
Research, analysis and problem solving skills:• You have knowledge of research methods and practices to investigate the viability and applicability of new methods and technologies.
• You have research skills to investigate industry issues, trends and developments.
• You have analytical and problem solving skills to analyze research findings and develop innovative strategies and solutions that align with client and industry needs.
Training and group facilitation skills:• You have knowledge of needs assessment techniques and tools to assist with the establishment of training priorities.
• You have knowledge of adult education principles and techniques to develop and deliver educational and training programs.
• You have knowledge of training evaluation techniques.
Other important skills:• You have planning and coordination skills to manage project activities and resource requirements.
• You are proficient with a variety of computer applications (e.g. e-mail, internet, word processing, spreadsheet, statistical analysis, database).
Contact InformationOntario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs
How to apply:
- You must apply online.
- Your cover letter and resume combined should not exceed five (5) pages. For tips and tools on how to write a concise cover letter and resume, review the Writing a Cover Letter and Resume: Tips, Tools and Resources.
- Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed on the job ad. Using concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrated the requirements for this job. We rely on the information you provide to us.
- Read the job description to make sure you understand this job.
- OPS employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying.
- If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please Contact Us to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.
Post Date: 5/13/2019 11:43:05 AM
Closing Date: 6/3/2019 12:00:00 AM