World Wildlife Fund (WWF), one of the world’s leading conservation organization, seeks a Manager- Global Seafood Markets. The Manager- Global Seafood Markets, serves on the Seafood Markets Engagement Team in the WWF-US DC office, leading the development and execution of the WWF US global seafood market engagement strategy. This position will develop and execute key initiatives to reach Seafood Markets goals as aligned with WWF US and WWF Global Initiatives- Food/Markets/Oceans. This position will be responsible for leading, implementing, and continuously improving WWF’s Global Seafood Market Engagement Strategy. This position will work with multi-national corporate partners and precompetitive collaborations to reach goals for sustainable seafood market transition. This position will lead international market engagement projects and collective WWF seafood partnership engagement. This position also supports development of new and existing Seafood strategies as correlated to the Markets and Food Team initiatives.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for leading, implementing, and continuously improving WWF’s Global Seafood Market Engagement Strategy; including development of annual strategic plan to reach targeted areas of impact.
- Manages multi-national seafood corporate partnerships and international precompetitive platform development including project design, implementation, staff engagement, monitoring, and evaluation related initiatives and activities, as well as execution of annual workplans.
- Develops and implements international seafood market engagement initiatives as correlated to seafood markets initiatives and in consideration on building leverage across WWF global seafood partnerships.
- Liaises with external stakeholders including but not limited to academics, NGOs, industry groups, foundations, MSI’s etc as well as engages with global WWF Network Offices in order to support project development and implementation.
- Supports ensuring alignment and collaborative integration of seafood markets work with the Aquaculture and Fisheries/IUU Programs.
- Manages team needed to reach Global Seafood Markets Goals as well as overall management of Seafood Markets Intern Program.
- Supports the ideation new Seafood initiatives to support the WWF US Market and Food team objectives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Must have at least 8 years of experience in biodiversity conservation and sustainable business management.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree, preferably in resource economics, natural resources management, sustainability/business management, or a related field. A Master’s degree may substitute for up to 2 years of work experience
- Must be able to travel nationally and internationally.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to operate with independence, under pressure, to meet deadlines and commitments
Contact InformationWorld Wildlife Fund
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #19115
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
- Please submit your resume for this role ASAP
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status. WWF values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply.
Post Date: 6/6/2019 9:09:12 AM
Closing Date: 8/31/2019 12:00:00 AM