In keeping with GEIC an MME’s corporate values, its main duties will be:
1. Provide day to day field management of the team and the micro-algae, rotifers, copepods and Artemia culture processes and ensure completion of all tasks on daily basis.
2. Ensure the smooth operation of the algal, rotifers, copepods, Artemia areas and more specifically the different algal strains required for the production of high value tropical finfish larvae.
3. Daily check that all SOPs are respected (zootechnical, maintenance and biosecurity).
4. Assist the Live Feeds Manager in the management of the production, research and development programs in micro-algae, rotifers, copepods and Artemia cultures.
5. Assist to operate the production and the R&D planning of live Feeds.
6. Assist to organise the production of high quality culture of Live Feeds.
7. Help to maintain with the Live Feeds Manager a highly efficient culture facility that allows staff to meet AFRC’s R&D and production requirements in terms of culture densities, quantity, quality, and economical targets.
8. Assist to monitoring the health in accordance with the Biosecurity and Safety Manager and undertake regular inspection of the sections to ensure clean and hygienic environment.
9. Organise delivery & transfer of required Live Feeds quantity for feeding high value tropical finfish larvae.
10. Verify in accordance with the maintenance manager that culture process maintenance of all rooms is implemented in due time.
The following skills are required:
1. Highly organized and goal orientated individual with a Diploma in aquaculture.
2. Minimum of 5 years of experience in Live Feeds culture (more specifically micro-algae cultures) with RAS background.
3. Staff management of small team of technicians and workers.
4. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral.
5. Exemplary interpersonal and problem solving skills, and adept at solving problems and developing solutions in real time.
6. Work effectively with international technicians, workers, consultants, suppliers, and AFRC staff.
7. Training and development of a high performing group of workers and technicians.
8. Demonstrate abilities in all areas identified in key responsibilities and proven investigative skills.
9. Demonstrable ability to enter, manipulate and analyse data on personal computers and to produce basic technical reports.
10. Good English ability (written, spoken and reading).
Contact InformationGulf Engineering &Industrial Consultancy
Post Date: 7/16/2019 11:21:46 AM
Closing Date: 8/15/2019 12:00:00 AM