Based in the Maritimes (PEI, NB, NS) or BC; supporting Maritimes, NL, BC, Maine and Washington State
Workplace scope: CAN/US/Virtual
Apply extensive technical expertise and industry knowledge to create value for Elanco Aqua customers in North America. Provide best-in-class support to customer operations, including technical services for Elanco Aqua portfolio (vaccines and pharmaceuticals), and knowledge in salmonid production and disease management. Inform and support Elanco’s long-term business strategy to address unmet market needs, alongside Innovation, Research & Development (R&D) and Global Technical Services. Collaborate closely with Key Account Managers (KAM) and Marketing to meet Elanco’s financial and strategic goals.
Knowledge excellence and customer-centric technical services program
- Demonstrate strong knowledge in fish production, diseases affecting economic and welfare goals, population medicine, epidemiology, fish medicines, data management and analysis. Serve as a technical advisor to customer personnel.
- Demonstrate technical and scientific proficiency in all Elanco Aqua products and capabilities, and ensure that technical information and service offering is presented to customers in the most efficient manner; provide timely and scientifically robust technical advice and services to address customer challenges.
- Deliver best-in-class technical support to customers: oversee administration of Elanco Aqua vaccines and pharmaceuticals and remove barriers for product adoption; develop best practices for product use and support their implementation in collaboration with customers.
- Conduct fieldwork and technical assessments, generate/collect and analyze data to monitor Elanco Aqua portfolio performance, as well as ensure correct use and placement of Elanco products.
- Organize and conduct training on Elanco Aqua products, disease state and industry practices; prepare technical materials and presentations for internal and external audiences.
- Understand customer needs outside of disease management (e.g., operational, financial, welfare, sustainability, regulatory and marketing drivers) and identify avenues to deliver value beyond product. Continually improve technical support and offering to the benefit of customers.
- Ensure presentation of product data in scientific meetings and publication in peer reviewed journals.
- Represent Elanco in national and international industry events
- Work effectively in a matrix organization through close collaborations with KAMs, Technical Consultants from all Aqua regions, Customer Service, Marketing, Pharmacovigilance, Innovation, R&D, Business Development/Lead Finding and other cross-functional teams.
- Drive market and competitive insights for Elanco Aqua (e.g., disease state, advancements in research/innovation, industry trends and competitor innovation).
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with CROs, academia and researchers. Support commercial and marketing strategy by taking part in grant proposal development and submission.
- Conduct field and laboratory technical trials with Elanco products; lead or support trial design and execution in collaboration with Innovation, R&D and Global Technical Services.
- Contribute technical expertise and customer insights on new product development and life cycle management of Elanco Aqua portfolio.
- Aide in the planning and preparation of new product launches, as well as brand planning exercises.
- Build strong and enduring business partnerships/relationships with decision makers in key accounts, as well as other industry stakeholders. Develop robust network within key accounts, including at technical, production and senior management levels.
- Support KAMs in preparing technical service offerings and updating key account plans; support sales activities by providing specialized technical and scientific expertise.
- Other duties/responsibilities as they arise from time to time.
- Achievement of target annual sales for the region.
- Customer satisfaction with the execution of Elanco’s annual technical service program.
- Solid customer and industry stakeholder relationships.
- Support to Elanco’s product stewardship and innovation activities.
- Full compliance with Elanco’s policies, values and behaviors.
Basic Requirements: Education and Experience
- Preference for candidates holding a Veterinary science / biology degree / appropriate science degree; competencies in trial execution, statistics/data analysis is an advantage.
- >7 years of work experience in the field of aquaculture – animal sciences, fish pathology, fish health management and/or fish farming.
- Thorough understanding of the fish farming industry, fish health challenges and other drivers of customer profitability.
- Experience in design and/or execution of field and/or lab trials.
- Strong interpersonal skills and exemplary team work ethic.
- Ability to multitask and work effectively within cross-functional teams.
- Business acumen and strategic planning skills.
- Solid analytical thinking, problem solving, and decision-making skills. Strong resilience.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, and capable of adapting styles to suit different audiences.
- Ability to interact with and influence Senior Management, peers, and other functions.
- Highly skilled with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Experience with CRM software.
- Ability to travel 50% or more of the time and work effectively remotely.
Contact InformationElanco Aqua (Eli Lilly Canada)
Post Date: 9/6/2019 12:55:14 PM
Closing Date: 9/27/2019 12:00:00 AM