Electrical Installation Technician
The AquaBioTech Group is seeking to employ an Electrical Installation Technician to work on the design, installation and maintenance of electrical equipment at its own facility in Malta, as well as our international project sites. This individual will also be heavily involved in the design of electrical plans for various land-based aquaculture projects (Recirculation Aquaculture Systems) that the company is developing all over the world.
Synopsis of position offered
The successful candidate will be responsible for the design, development and supervising of installation of electrical equipment, component and systems for commercial and industrial use. These responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Designing, implementing and improving electrical facilities and systems for commercial and industrial wet labs, as well as within the company’s R&D facilities.
• Manufacture of electrical panel boards in-house and installation of electrical equipment.
• Operating computer-assisted engineering and design software, as well as equipment to perform engineering tasks.
• Directing and coordinating construction, installation, maintenance, support, documentation, and testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, and customer requirements.
• Performing detailed calculations to compute and establish construction and installation standards and specifications.
• Planning and implementing methodologies and procedures to apply principles of electrical theory to engineering projects.
• Preparing specifications for purchase of materials and equipment and/or the solicitations of labour.
• Supervising and training project team members as necessary.
• Overseeing project construction efforts to assure projects are completed satisfactorily, on time and within budget.
• Preparing and studying technical drawings, specifications of electrical systems to ensure that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements.
• Developing budgets and estimating labour, material, and construction costs.
• Traveling to install and/or supervise electrical equipment for overseas installations and project commissioning.
Reporting directly to the Design & Engineering Manager, the position is demanding requiring a person who is highly motivated, self-organised, possess a high level of integrity and discipline with a strong work ethic and able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the rest of the team. The selected person must be prepared to work to very tight deadlines in isolated and multi-functional projects and in conjunction with a team of international staff based at our head-office in Malta, as well as staff who are working at the project sites.
The successful candidate must have a solid background in Electrical Engineering with at least a B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering with at least three (3) years’ experience in a similar position.
The individual must have knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services. They must have knowledge of drafting and experience with AutoCAD or another related electrical design software, and Microsoft Office.
The selected candidate will have to speak and write English fluently. Knowledge of any other languages would be considered an asset, although not essential. The selected candidate must have a clear passport with no travel restrictions, no legal convictions held at any time and be in possession of a clean driving licence.
Contact InformationAquaBioTech Group
Myrto J Georgopoulou
Further information about the AquaBioTech Group and the services we offer can be viewed at www.aquabt.com. Applicants are required to submit a full Curriculum vitae in the AquaBioTech Group Europass format that must be downloaded from our website – no other Cv formats will be accepted. Questions about the application should be directed to the Director of Administration, on email@example.com
Post Date: 9/10/2019 1:22:14 AM
Closing Date: 10/30/2019 12:00:00 AM