The Employment Service was established in
1985 by the World Aquaculture Society to assist its membership and the
international aquaculture community with current job and career information.
The annual posting of jobs and CVs at WAS international and US Aquaculture Society (USAS) Chapter meetings,
and the online job and resume databases via the Internet serve as a
clearinghouse for employment opportunities and information. The job and CV databases are maintained throughout the year by the Employment Service
The WASES is provided at no cost to businesses, academic and other non-profit institutions, NGOs, state/federal agencies, employed professionals and students in support of the international aquaculture community. Besides aquaculture, other fields like fisheries, aquatic sciences and seafood are included along with graduate assistantships, post-docs, and internships. Listings for CVs are removed after 6 months and job announcements are open until the closing date you set on the submission form. Jobs and CVs are typically posted within 1-2 days after receiving them.
Please contact the Employment Service Coordinator with all your comments, questions and suggestions.
Thank you, John Ewart
WAS Employment Service page general statistics for visitation and other metrics from 1/1/2019 to 10/31/2019.
We are pleased to announce
the opening of our International Mariculture Internship Program, at no cost, to student members of the World Aquaculture Society. For additional information
University of California Davis
Bodega Bay California
Closing Date: Jun 01 2020
KingFish Zeeland - The Netherlands
Zeeland, The Netherlands
Closing Date: May 30 2020
University of Oslo
Closing Date: Apr 25 2020
Wageningen University & Research
Closing Date: Apr 29 2020
Wageningen University & Research
Closing Date: Apr 15 2020
Victory Farms Limited
- Pond Water Quality Management - ensuring excellent water quality across all ponds at all times.
- Maintaining fingerling survivals at predetermined company targets.
- Monitoring feed regimes are closely followed to ensure growth and survival targets are met.
- Coordinating the safe and efficient transfer of fingerlings from pond to lake nursery to predetermined monthly targets.
- Ensuring effective communication with the Hatchery and Production Departments to ensure pond nursery populations are maintained to the level required to achieve company production targets
- Coordinating the day-to-day activities of the Pond Feed, Pond Environment and Pond Fish Handling sub-departments.
- Managing schedules and deadlines relating to the Ponds Department
- Ensuring relevant data is captured daily by the pond feeding, maintenance and fish handling teams.
- Providing historical water quality, feed and fingerling transfer data by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems.
- Compiling weekly and monthly water quality, feed and fingerling transfer results for consideration by the Ponds Manager.
- Providing daily operations reports to the Ponds Manager.
- Actively training junior team members to facilitate their professional development in line with the company ethos.
- Assessing staff performance in the Ponds Department and provide coaching and guidance to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Ensure pond operations adhere to company policies and regulations.