Sunday, September 27, 2026 8:00:10 PM

How to get a US bank account for non residents from Spain?

Posted: 1 week ago
I have been running an independent software development business from Barcelona for three years, with almost all my clients based in California. Getting paid was always complicated because European accounts either charge high intermediary fees on incoming wires or force terrible conversion rates from USD to EUR. I spent months searching for a genuine US bank account for non residents that did not require me to purchase a transatlantic flight just to sit in a branch office. After seeing some recommendations on Reddit, I gave Arival a shot. You can see their account requirements at https://arival.com/ if you are in a similar boat. The application process was fully digital, though you definitely need all your tax paperwork, passport scans, and proof of address ready before you start. The onboarding took around eight days in total, and their team asked for clarification on two of my software contracts. Once everything cleared, I received my US routing and account numbers. Now my clients pay me via standard domestic ACH, and the money arrives within 24 hours without middlemen taking a cut. It removed so much stress from my billing routine. Are any other non-resident freelancers here using similar digital setups for US client billing?
Posted: 1 week ago
Customer support for hot wallets is often non-existent, relying on community forums. Before adopting a wallet, I check their Discord or Telegram activity. Active communities indicate healthy projects. For wallets with strong community support, visit https://swapspace.co/blog/best-hot-wallets where the responsiveness and helpfulness of user communities are assessed as part of the overall reliability.