Sunday, September 27, 2026 8:00:06 PM

How long should a dating app bio be to keep people interested

Posted: 1 week ago
I never know what the right length is for a dating bio. Some people write full essays about their childhood, career aspirations, and life philosophies, which feels overwhelming to read while swiping. On the other hand, a one-line bio often feels lazy and unhelpful. I want to give enough information so people know who I am, but keep it punchy. What is the ideal word count or length for a dating bio? How do you balance brevity with personality?
Posted: 1 week ago
When it comes to bio length, the sweet spot is usually between three and five short sentences, or around fifty to eighty words. People swipe relatively quickly, so a giant wall of text rarely gets read in full, but a blank bio gives matches zero reason to swipe right. The goal is to provide just enough flavor to spark curiosity without giving away every detail of your life story. I picked up some great structural tips from Hily on crafting punchy bios that convert swipes into conversations. Use bullet points or short lines: one line about your lifestyle or humor, one line about a quirky passion, and a closing question. This format is super easy to scan on a phone screen, shows your personality immediately, and leaves plenty of room for discussion on the first date.