Media Release - Asian-Pacific Aquaculture 2016 April 26th – 29th Surabaya - Indonesia
Asian-Pacific Aquaculture 2016
April 26th – 29th Surabaya - Indonesia
Asian-Pacific Aquaculture 2016 (APA 2016) is a major podium where the giants of world aquaculture gather in this region. Aquaculture in the Asia Pacific region is a rapidly expanding industry which provides employment in rural and coastal areas of many Asian countries, contributing towards growth in their respective economies. The theme for APA 2016 is Profitability, Sustainability and Responsibility for the Future. As the world’s highest producers in aquaculture, long term profitability cannot be acquired without being responsible for environmental sustainability. Representatives of most emerging Asian economies will gather to discuss the latest developments and new technologies in a period of time in which climate change has become a challenge for the industry.
Hosted by Ministry of Marine Affairs & Fisheries (MMAF), APA 2016 will take place April 26th to 29th 2016 at Grand City, Surabaya, Indonesia. A region with more than 17,000 islands, which has achieved a production increase of about 50% (while increasing area usage by only 20%) in the last 5 years, Indonesia is undoubtedly the prominent location for the world to gather and share the latest developments on aquaculture. Additionally, as an interesting tourist destination Indonesia will attract scientists and business leaders from all over the world.
APA 2016 will also include:
- IndoAqua 2016
- FITA 2016
- International Symposium on Tilapia (ISTA) 2016.
- Special industry session highlighting up to date applied technologies for Indonesian aquaculture producers.
Technical sessions covering all aspects of Indonesian and South Asian aquaculture will be included in Asia-Pacific Aquaculture 2016
- Parallel sessions covering the full scope of Asia Pacific aquaculture
- Oral and poster presentations
- Student sessions
- Plenary sessions
The APA 2016 will be an exceptional opportunity for academics and aquaculture experts to enhance and share knowledge, engage with peers, widen networks, and expand their vision. It will also be an international platform for industry experts to meet with potential business partners, acquiring new markets while enjoying a memorable visit to Indonesia.
Featured Store Items
- Aquaculture Businesses: A Practical Guide to Economics and Marketing
- Understanding Aquaculture
- Largemouth Bass Aquaculture
- Cleaner Fish Biology and Aquaculture Applications
- Sea Bass and Sea Bream A Practical Approach to Disease Control and Health Management
- Catfish Days - From Belzoni to the Big Apple
- Aquaculture: Will it rise to its potential to feed the world?
- Handbook for Aquaculture Water Quality