WORLD AQUACULTURE magazine, published quarterly, is an official publication of the World Aquaculture Society, the largest organization devoted to the concerns of aquaculturists in the world today. Through the membership of the World Aquaculture Society and its network of affiliated and associated organizations, WORLD AQUACULTURE reaches over 4,500 growers, academicians, scientists and local, state and federal government aquaculture researchers and administrative personnel throughout the world.
The focus of WORLD AQUACULTURE is international. The scope encompasses all subjects of a sociopolitical, economic, technological or scientific nature that affect aquaculture anywhere in the world.
BLACK & WHITE ADVERTISING RATES
All rates expressed in US dollars.
BLACK & WHITE ADVERTISING RATES FOR SPECIAL SHOW ISSUES
A Special Show Issue with a bonus distribution will be printed for the WAS Annual Meetings each year. Other Special Show Issues may occur for other meetings from time to time. The rates below will apply for all Special Show Issues. Advertisers on a four time contract will receive the regular issue rates for the Special Show Issue. All rates expressed in US dollars.
The following are in addition to the earned space rates.
||Per Page (or fraction)
|Black plus one color*
|Four color process
*For one color ads, the color will be chosen by the designer unless a specific color is approved in advance. Four color process not available in certain positions. Color separations should be provided by the client or by an advertising agency. Proofs and instructions should be supplied with advertising to be run in more than one color. No charge for bleeds.
Rates quoted for cover positions are in addition to color rates (#4 above). Covers are available only on a noncancellable basis.
|Inside front cover (2)
|Inside Back cover (3)
|Outside back cover (4)
Print-ready copy is required to receive the advertising rates listed. Print-ready copy may be sent on a Macintosh-ready CD or can be transferred electronically (see instructions below). Required production charges - converting paper copy, typesetting, artwork, color separations, cropping, halftones, resizing,special effects, additions, screens, etc. - will be billed at cost.
The electronic version must be submitted as a high-resolution PDF file, as a high-resolution TIFF or EPS file, or in the native Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator. Regardless of the software, the CD must include all fonts used and all original graphic links. The minimum resolution is 350 dpi.
We use In Design layout software on a Macintosh computer. Please send a hard copy of the ad with the CD along with a contact phone number or mail the hard copy separately if the file is transferred electronically.
Publication trim size is 8.5 x 11 inches (21.6 x 27.8 cm).
|Space rate units:
|Standard (no bleed)
|Full Page with bleed
|Half Page Vertical
|Sixth Page Vertical
Advertisements exceeding size in any dimension are considered oversize and billed at the next largest standard size. For bleeds, keep important material at least 13 mm (1/2 inch) from bleed edges. Trim 6 mm (1/4 inch)from bleed edges. Trim 6 mm (1/4 inch) top, bottom and outer edge.
BINDING: "Perfect Binding" (bonded spine).
INK: 2 color AAA standard; 4 color AAAA/MPA process;4 color rotation: Yellow, Blue, Red, Black.
SCREEN: Up to 133 acceptable, free from imperfectionsand contaminants.
A CD can be sent to the Advertising Director or directly to the Layout Editor. Electronic submission needs to go to the Layout Editor, Linda Noble firstname.lastname@example.org
; contact the Advertising Director at email@example.com
for detailed instructions.
PUBLICATION AND CLOSING DATES
- Published quarterly on the 15th day of March, June, September and December.
- Closing dates: 15 Jan, 15 Apr, 15 Jul, 15 Oct.
Cancellations or changes must be in writing, and cannot be accepted less than six weeks from publication date.
15% Commission is granted on gross billing space and color to accredited agencies recognized as such by WORLD AQUACULTURE.
Overdue accounts are subject to a service charge of 1.5% per month (18% per year).
- All advertising orders shall supply publisher with insertion instructions and clearly state the name of advertiser, issue to be used, size of advertisement, and special instructions.
- No conditions which conflict with the publisher's stated policy will be binding upon the publisher.
- All advertising is accepted subject to the terms and provisions of the current rate card.
- Cancellation forfeits any rights to position.
- Advertiser and agency assume all liability for content of printed advertisements, and for any claims arising therefrom. It is the advertiser's / agency's responsibility to obtain releases on items or individuals pictured in the advertisements.
- Advertising is subject to publisher's approval.
- Publisher's liability will not exceed the charge for the advertisement in question.
- When no change in copy is received by closing date, copy from previous issue will be run.
- "Till forbid" advertising will appear in each issue unless publisher receives a written cancellation 30 days before publication date.
WAS CORPORATE SPONSORSHIP PROGRAM
Due to requests from companies who would like to help sponsor the activities of the World Aquaculture Society, WAS has developed a Corporate Sponsorship Program that allows companies to participate in sponsorship while receiving substantial benefits for their company
Corporate Gold Sponsor - Cost $5000, includes:
- Annual Sustaining membership in WAS, which receives 4 issues of the WAS Magazine and Journal each year and Member registration fee for all employees at meetings
- Four full page four-color ads in WAS magazine
- Listing in Membership Directory as Gold Sponsor
- Listing in program at Annual Meetings as Gold Sponsor
- Gold Level Sponsor Plaque
If none of these categories fit the interest level of your company, please contact John Cooksey and he will work with you to design a plan that will match your company's interest.
Becoming a WAS Corporate Sponsor will give your company valuable exposure to industry members, marketing opportunities and a special place in the growth of the aquaculture industry worldwide.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
JOHN COOKSEY, MBA, CEM
WAS Director of Conferences & Advertising
P.O. Box 2302
Valley Center, CA 92082 USA